BENTONVILLE, Ark., September 26, 2022 — Hold on to your headphones! Today, Walmart announces the launch of two new immersive experiences on the Metaverse megaplatform, Roblox. Dubbed Walmart Land and Walmart’s Universe of Play, the areas will provide unique interactive content and entertainment for customers, bringing the best of Walmart’s “islands” to life in a virtual world. Walmart Land brings the best in fashion, style, beauty and entertainment directly to the global Roblox community of over 52 million daily users. The retailer will continue to bring fun with Walmart’s Universe of Play – the ultimate virtual toy destination in Roblox, just in time for those oh-so-real vacation wish lists.
“We’re going big – creating community, content, entertainment and games through the launch of Walmart Land and Walmart’s Universe of Play,” said William White, chief marketing officer, Walmart US. “Roblox is one of the fastest growing and largest platforms in the metaverse, and we know our customers spend a lot of time there. So we’re focused on creating new and innovative experiences that excite them, something we’re already doing in the communities they live in and now in the virtual worlds they play in.”
Walmart Land Universe of Play on Roblox
Walmart Land offers a variety of immersive experiences, including a virtual merchandise store, or “verch,” for your avatar; a physics-defying Ferris wheel that gives users a bird’s-eye view of the world; and unlockable tokens and badges that can be earned in various games and competitions. Walmart Land debuts with three big experiences specifically with the next generation of customers in mind:
- Electric island: Inspired by the world’s biggest music festivals, Electric Island includes an interactive piano walkway, a dance challenge, a Netflix trivia experience starring Noah Schnapp, and a DJ booth where users can learn to mix different beats.
- House of Style: Featuring a virtual dressing room, pose challenge, oversized cosmetics obstacle course (Obby) and roller skating rink, House of Style features products from af94, UOMA by Sharon C., ITK by Brooklyn & Bailey, Lottie London, Bubble and more.
- Electric Festival: New for October, users can hop back to Electric Island for Electric Fest, a motion-capture concert celebration featuring performances by well-known artists like Madison Beer, Kane Brown and YUNGBLUD.
Walmart Universe of Play on Roblox
Walmart Universe of Play Jurassic World
Walmart Universe of Play Experience
Walmart Universe of Play Experience Paw Patrol
Walmart Land Roblox Experience the Ferris Wheel
Walmart Land Roblox Experience during the day
Walmart Land Roblox Experience at night
Walmart Country House of Style experience
Experience Walmart Country House of Style up close
Walmart Land Electric Island Experience
Walmart Land Electric Island Experience Netflix Trivia
Walmart Land Electric Island Experience DJ booth
picture 1 from 12
The best toys of the year will have broken loose and appeared in Walmart’s Universe of Play. The Roblox community can explore different toy worlds to earn coins for cool virtual goods, or complete epic challenges to build a personal trophy box, unlock secret codes, and more. Universe of Play includes:
- Immersive Games: Users can immerse themselves in five new games offering experiences featuring products and characters from LOL Surprise!, Jurassic World, Paw Patrol, Magic Mixies and Razor Scooters.
- Coveted Rewards: Users are given the opportunity to collect as many virtual toys as possible to earn coins redeemable for their avatar trick. Toys hang around everywhere, and a Walmart airship regularly drops toys throughout the experience.
- Virtual Adventures: Universe of Play will also include e-mobility elements such as hoverboards, which allow an avatar to travel faster across the universe. Users will encounter a Sharper Image drone to help them discover the season’s hottest toy world.
Users can click on the excitement today and freely access the Walmart Land experience Roblox.com and Walmart’s universe of the game on any device including PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Amazon devices, Xbox consoles, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime, anywhere – in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Approximately 230 million customers and members visit more than 10,500 stores and numerous e-commerce websites under 46 banners in 24 countries every week. With sales of $573 billion in fiscal 2022, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million people worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunities. For more information about Walmart, visit www.walmart.com corporate.walmart.comon Facebook at facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at twitter.com/walmart.