CHICAGO (CBS) — Chicago’s Ravenswood neighborhood gets into the holiday spirit with Ravenswood Light Up Nights.
The Ravenswood Neighbors Association’s annual Festival of Lights continued Friday night. It will be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 17:00 to 22:00.
The event includes a guided tour of richly decorated houses competing for the “Best in Glow” competition. Local businesses will also have food and drink promotions, special events and a chance to win prizes.
The festival is bordered by Ashland, Montrose, Damen and Lawrence avenues. Warming stations with hot chocolate and other hot drinks will be set up throughout the area. You will also meet Santa on a bike and even the Grinch.
Participating companies include:
- Amy’s Candy (4704 N. Damen Ave.), offering sweet treats until 8 p.m
- Ballroom College (4011 N. Ravenswood Ave.), offering holiday-themed dance lessons and free hot cocoa.
- Begyle Brewery (1800 W. Cuyler Ave.), offering a warm space and chilled beer with festival specials.
- Bon Femmes (4917 N. Damen Ave.), open until 8 p.m. with last-minute gift sales.
- Byron’s hot dogs (1701 W. Lawrence Ave.), offering a hot dog to keep the energy going on the walk.
- Fox (1835 W. Montrose Ave.), with a Friday and Saturday night pop-up from Hilary’s Cookies + Ice Cream Lincoln Square. Free hot cocoa bombs will be available.
- KOVAL Distillery (4241 N. Ravenswood Ave.), offering drink specials — including “Light Up the Night” with Amburana Rye, raspberry butterfat, allspice, lemon and rhubarb bitters.
- Ponnopozz (4839 N. Damen Ave., offers free hot cocoa Saturday nights until 9 p.m
- Ravensgoods (4703 N. Damen Ave.) that offers local and unique artisan items until 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays!
- Redline VR Bar (4702 N. Ravenswood Ave.), offering visits to Santa’s Winter Wonderland. You can even buy a ride on Santa’s sleigh in a virtual reality world.
- Spoken cafe (1812 W. Montrose Ave.), offering specialties such as Boudin Cookies with Pepper Jelly, Warm Snickerdoodle Cookies, Mini Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pies and Gingerbread Lattes.
Click this link for more information.
Thank you for reading CBS NEWS.
Create your free account or login
for more features.