what Jennifer Crawford-Williams, owner of Corktown-based All Things Marketplace, will host the first-ever All Things Black Business Month this February. Events range from an art exhibit to an informative business panel discussion to weekly pop-up shops—all focused on black-owned businesses.
Crawford-Williams said, “I felt that running my own black-owned, woman-owned business, it was my duty to not only create a space for others who look like me, but to show them their brands and services. to give a platform for.” . “This is just the beginning, a stepping stone to a bigger event that will support black-owned businesses and help them grow.”
When?, what time?, when February 2023
Events all things Black Business Month Features the following events:
- Black business chatIt will be a circle Thursday, February 16, 2023 from 6 to 8 p.m and features a panel of business experts discussing the challenges and keys to growing your own successful business.
- Photography by Dee Hughes will offer a photo session 1-6pm Saturday, February 18To small business owners looking for new headshots. Cost is $40 and includes one photo editing session. Registration is required. Go to AllThingsTicketing.com to register.
- Behind the red curtainwill be done from Friday, February 24, 6-9 p.m 2023. This is an art exhibition inspired by love and intended for mature audiences. Curated by artist Colibri, the exhibit is open to 21+ and will feature work by Detroit-based photographer Jermaine DeLejuan and Boston-based artist and painter William Kennedy. PIPED (Power in the Detroit Poetry Experience) will perform live. This is a free event.
the shop All things Black Business Month will also be included Saturday afternoon pop-up shop until 5 p.m The following Detroit-based black-owned businesses feature:
- February 4 – Overstuffed Closet Boutique Store, a mobile plus-size clothing boutique, with trendy clothing and accessories.
- February 11 – Shop and dine on delicious vegan treats made with love by Zilla Bakery.
- February 18 – Shop B. Jacklean, who creates handmade, sustainable and fashionable jewelry, clutches and other one-of-a-kind accessories. And don’t miss it Cool kids look like me, A brand that articulates anti-bullying messaging we can appreciate at any age.
- February 25 – Keith Butler Store Designed by a black manThe brand features organic, fair trade and luxury fabrics with graphic details in athletic styles. And stop by to meet Detroit author Robin K. Fuller, author of The Parker and Jet Rose Chronicles and Book Let’s be fair.
where All Things Marketing, 1620 Michigan Ave. 123
WHO Jennifer Crawford-Williams, owner of All Things Marketplace, is the organizer of All Things Black Business Month.
hours All Things Market is open Tuesday-Saturday from 11am-5pm and is closed Sunday-Monday during the winter.
Rent IT All Things Marketplace offers 750 square feet of rental space for businesses to host corporate events, team meetings or attend workshops. Local organizations can rent it for community meetings. Business owners can book this space for photography.
others Learn more at https://allthingsmarketplace.com.
Visit Detroit is a private, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to market and sell the metropolitan Detroit area to the world as a destination for leisure and business travel, including conventions, trade shows, corporate meetings, Trips and incentive trips to maximize. Additional visitors, visitor spending, state and local tax revenue and job opportunities.
More than 700 businesses are represented by the Visit Detroit membership. Visit Detroit was founded in 1896 as the world’s first convention and visitors bureau. visitdetroit.com